La página está cargando...

Parece que hay problemas para terminar de descargar la página... Haga click aquí

BEATLES PERU - REVOLUTION Bienvenido a REVOLUTION, los foros de BEATLES PERÚ.
Participa aquí: Comenta, comparte, discute. Foro beatle en español abierto a todo beatlemaniático!

Paul McCartney en Lima
  FAQ   Buscar   Miembros   Grupos de Usuarios   Registrarse   Perfil   Entre para ver sus mensajes privados   Login 

Entrevista con Laurence Juber

Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al tema    Foros de discusión -> Paul McCartney - el corazón
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaje

Mata Hari
Mr. Kite
Usuario Offline

Palabras en total: 121,630
Nac.: peru

MensajePublicado: Lun Abr 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Asunto: Entrevista con Laurence Juber Responder citando

Extraido de : http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070420/ENT/704200330/1031

SPREADING HIS WINGS

Guitarist Laurence Juber rocks on
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 04/20/07
BY MARK VOGER
STAFF WRITER

This was a band on the run.

Wings was the onetime solo band of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and his late wife, Linda. As a member of Wings from 1978 until the group disbanded in 1981, guitarist Laurence Juber worked alongside the McCartneys in the studio and on the road.

Since his Wings days, Juber found success as a Grammy-winning composer/arranger. Juber — a champion of the "fingerstyle" guitar technique — is scheduled to give a concert tonight and a workshop on Saturday at the Monmouth Academy of Music in Marlboro.

ALIVE: While working with Paul McCartney in the studio, was he an inspiration? Was he a taskmaster?

JUBER: Actually, it was a great experience because he's a creative artist. Being able to interact with that level of artistry was a challenge, but also an inspiration. I wouldn't say that he was a taskmaster. With a clear artistic vision, much of the time he had a very precise idea as to where he wanted to go with something.

ALIVE: So he was specific in what he wanted you to play?

JUBER: Oh, I was given a great deal of freedom. I was able to create my own guitar parts and kind of find my place in the context of the band. It was an educational experience all around because he is so very eclectic that — even though the band at its core was a rock 'n' roll band — we touched on all kinds of stylistic areas. Which was very cool for me because I'd always played many different styles of music. I wasn't just focused on being a rock 'n' roll player at all.

ALIVE: What were you able to observe of Paul and Linda working together? Paul always portrayed Wings as a chance to keep his family together and still work.

JUBER: Keep it all in the family, yeah. It was very much like that. Linda was very present. Even though when I joined the band, James (the couple's fourth child of four, and only son) was less than a year old, Linda was very much a part of the process. Linda was really a very important part of the band. I don't think it would have been the same without her. They were a very stable and happy couple.

ALIVE: When you toured with Wings, was the "band" aspect of Wings fun and crazy, the way a band is supposed to be?

JUBER: Um, at times. But, I mean, it was a pretty stable situation. When we were out on the road, the kids were present. So it wasn't, like, a wild and crazy, destroying-hotel-rooms kind of situation. It was still very much a family affair. I mean, our warm-up gig for the U.K. tour in '79 was when we did a concert for the students at Paul's old school in Liverpool, which subsequently became the Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts. So, we were basically doing a concert for school kids. It was not like being on a Stones tour (laughs).

ALIVE: Thank God, eh?

JUBER: Well, certainly, from my perspective, I came out of the experience quite unscathed.

ALIVE: And alive.

JUBER: Yeah. I mean, here I am. Wings folded in 1981. So all these years later, I have a career that has really evolved through me reinventing myself as a solo performer.

Leonardo Pizzarello
Beatlemano religioso
Usuario Offline

Palabras en total: 1,042,010
Nac.: peru

MensajePublicado: Lun Abr 23, 2007 7:53 pm    Asunto: Responder citando

Complace saber que un músico talentoso (y que también tiene reputación de buena persona) como Laurence Juber ha salido adelante por sus propios méritos. ¡Y que mejor academia de aprendizaje que en la banda de Paul!

Interesante además lo que Juber dice sobre Linda y su importancia en Wings. Respetable la opinión de un "insider" (que debe saber por tanto mucho más que nosotros), ya que mucho se ha vapuleado a Linda tildándola como "innecesaria"... y ésa es una de las críticas más benevolentes que ha recibido. Los comentarios de gente que ha formado parte de esa historia, como Laurence Juber, hacen mucho por rectificar esa idea.

Gracias, Mata Hari, por aportar y compartir otro interesante dato.

Enviar mensaje privado
Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al tema    Foros de discusión -> Paul McCartney - el corazón Todas las horas son GMT - 5 Horas
Página 1 de 1

Cambiar a:  
Puede publicar nuevos temas en este foro